- LA-based artist Thrashbird turns crumbling concrete structures into big designer bags. (Colossal)
- These color photographs of World War I are pretty astounding. (Kottke)
- Here is a fun clip from a new documentary about female punk pioneers The Slits. Fairly NSFW. (Dangerous Minds)
- On the occasion of her retirement, Times obit writer Margalit Fox takes a stab at composing her own. (NY Times)
- “17 Real-Life Would-You-Rathers I, A Woman, Have Had to Ask Myself.” A funny/depressing little read. (McSweeney’s)
What a way to start a Monday. Thank you. The Margalit Fox obits are story-gems. And lmao at the 17 Real-Life-Would-You-Rathers except I should really cry because they’re all so effing true.
Who are these Matt people? Is that a World Cup reference? Without knowing, it’s hard to answer the question. Probably neither though. Thanks for asking.
I took it as a reference to “generic dudebro #1, generic dudebro #2.”
In any case – yeah, that was almost too real.
Sad about the patriarchy. Exhausted by the patriarchy.