- Check out the world’s most beautiful gas stations. (Kottke)
- These vintage photos of London punks are just great. (Messy Nessy Chic)
- Are these the 100 best sitcoms of all time? (Rolling Stone)
- This is just charming. (Kottke)
- Well this is good news: Broadway is set to reopen in September. (Town & Country)
- These photos from the reopening of Disneyland are a trip. (Vogue)
- This oral history of Madonna’s Truth or Dare really took me back. (Vulture)
- This is a movie waiting to happen: Secrets of the world’s greatest jailbreak artist. (GQ)
- And this is fascinating and just a little bit weird. (New Yorker)
Thanks for that link to the Truth or Dare article. really made me feel the 90s.
I don’t love everything Madge does, but I loved that remark to Warren Beatty-
When we were going [out] and she was making the documentary Truth or Dare, I said, “I don’t want to be in it.”’ And she said, “Why would I want you in it?’”
I need to be more like Madonna.
Oooh, that is a pretty gas station.
The GQ story about the French escape artist was fascinating. Desus and Mero at the Met really made me laugh. And I learned something new — renderporn! I’d count this a good day. Thanks, Kim
“Pine cones and turnips” hahaha
That was hilarious!
“Renderporn” sidenote: last summer I sold my old condo––one of the selling points for the person buying it were the closet doors in the guest bedroom––which didn’t exist––they were computer generated. I ended up giving the buyer a credit toward closet doors (the buyer paid well over asking so it wasn’t a big deal for me) because the buyer was so charmed by closet doors that didn’t exist and the buyer wanted to have them created. (sidenote #2––they were just frosted “glass” doors––you never know what a buyer is going to love, right?)
I had no idea that renderporn even existed, but sure – it makes sense.
I loved the Punk/ New Romantic pictures. As a now elder Goth I was a bit too young to be a part of that culture, but in the Eighties London was still the place to be … makes me very nostalgic. I’m off to apply more eyeliner.