- A treasury of Milton Glaser posters. (Dangerous Minds)
- This look back at 20 years of Apple ads is fun. (Print)
- This story about New York City’s first Girl Scout troop composed entirely of homeless girls gave me all the feelings. (Jezebel)
- A wee teaser trailer for Crazy Rich Asians.
- And finally: My dear friend and former Sassy colleague wrote this excellent story about some NFL cheerleaders suing for gender discrimination. (Grok Nation)
The NFL cheerleader article is deeply disturbing (on so many levels).
But the writing is excellent.
Thanks, again, for the links!
Excellent article on the NFL Cheerleaders. Makes me crazy the way they are treated. Wonder if it’s the same for the cheerleaders in the NBA.
The homeless girls in the Girl Scout Troop is just the best way to begin the day. Gives me hope that humanity hasn’t completely disappeared.
Love the story about the Girl Scouts, how heartwarming & utterly brilliant! It was so fun o look back over the Apple ads too, such an amazing archive and it is weird to see how far advertising has come in sucha a short space of time! Thanks for sharing!
Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo
Cheerleading seems so archaic to me. These women don’t deserve to be treated as “less than” human beings. Crazy rules!