It’s been very up and down around here, guys. Every morning, I wake up, momentarily forget that the whole world has changed, and then remember. Oh yeah. Ugh. After that, I’ll sit in bed feeling bad and scared for a few minutes, and wonder why I shouldn’t just remain in bed. And then I’ll drag myself out of the bedroom, make myself some coffee, and get on with my day. Because what the hell else is there to do? Here are a few things that have made the past few days bearable:
- Frequent FaceTiming with friends and family, of course.
- Yoga, which I’ve finally started doing again—my studio is streaming classes.
- Alison Roman’s pasta with cauliflower recipe from the Times.
- Singer/songwriter (and GOACA reader) Amy Rigby’s concert Tuesday night, streaming from her living room.
- Dancing around the apartment to the Foo Fighters’ first album, and especially this song.
- Weeping as I watch this.
- Laughing my ass off to this genius Twitter feed.
- And cracking up over this too.
- Making my main news source Governor Cuomo’s daily press conferences. Thank god for this man.
What’s making things better for you? Please share in the comments. Also, I’ve been thinking about this blog, and how it encourages making purchases, and wondering if that’s such a good idea at a time when delivery workers are over-taxed and physically vulnerable. A whole lot of you have written in encouraging me to keep posting about shopping because you’re craving the distraction. But I’d like to hear from more of you. I’m not saying I’ll stop doing those posts altogether, but I might start mixing things up a bit.