A new podcast episode drops today

8

I’m really excited about this episode—as a guest, we’ve got Darcey Steinke, author of the fascinating book Flash Count Diary: Menopause and the Vindication of Natural Life. You’d think an episode on menopause would be a bummer to listen to, but in fact it’s really inspiring—Darcey’s take on The Change is so refreshing, smart, and positive, and listening will put you in a good mood, promise. Tune in on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Also, thanks to all of you who listened in to our debut episode and left such positive reviews, we are already ranked #22 in our category! Go Team Everything is Fine!

Share this post:

Comments

8 Thoughts on A new podcast episode drops today
    Jeanne
    22 Jan 2020
    12:29am

    I loved your first episode and recommended it to my friends, who put it on their lists. I can’t wait to listen to this one too.

    2

    0
    Mimi
    21 Jan 2020
    11:08am

    I just ordered a neck warmer from Uniqlo. I didn’t want fleece or camo, so I got the knitted sweatshirt gray one to wear when skate skiing on a cold day. I also threw in a pair of these stretchy gloves, which I sometimes wear as liners under mittens. They fit easily in a handbag too. Best of all they can be worn on either hand, so when a glove wanders away to sock heaven, or wherever stray gloves go I just pair the glove whose mate disappeared with another from my pile from Uniqlo. https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/heattech-knitted-gloves-418849.html?dwvar_418849_color=COL03#start=56&cgid=men-accessories-and-shoes

    4

    0
    Mamavalveeta03
    21 Jan 2020
    12:17pm

    Just what I need as I’m nursing my husband back to health after a bout with the flu (fever of 103.4!) and attempting to ward it off myself. I’ve thought for a long time that menopause is another of a woman’s superpowers – I see menopause as a metaphor for birthing ideas. Can’t wait to listen!

    3

    0
    Bethany Ball
    21 Jan 2020
    8:43am

    Can’t wait for this episode! Saw Darcey at a book party and she was easily the coolest person in the room. Loved her book.

    3

    0
    Mary
    21 Jan 2020
    9:06am

    I haven’t entered menopause quite yet but it won’t be too long. I do find menopause a bummer, even though I can’t do a thing about it and it happens to every woman. So looking forward to this podcast!

    3

    0
    Mimi
    22 Jan 2020
    12:38pm

    I just listened to the podcast and enjoyed it. Darcey had a thoughtful, comfortable way of talking about how sexuality changes. I’m a senior member of this community, so for anyone approaching or struggling with menopause I’ll quote my gynecologist. When I complained to her that my sex drive had diminished she said, “Well, 90% of my patients say the same thing. The other 10% lie.” That might not seem like happy news, but clearly, if it’s true for you you’re not alone. In my experience, sex is still lovely and satisfying when it happens. What’s different is desire – I don’t care whether it happens the way I used to. Another bright spot is that men aren’t as horny as they were when they were younger. I was single in my late 40s to early 50s and many men weren’t capable of having sex, miracle meds notwithstanding. I’m looking forward to more excellent podcasts.

    3

    0
    Allison
    23 Jan 2020
    7:46am

    Enjoying the podcast. I just ordered Darcey’s book from my library and I can’t wait to read it. I am 49 and my sisters are 46 and 43. We have a text thread going where 46 and I share our peri menopausal symptoms and thoughts on aging and 43 offers comforting words or maybe rolls her eyes. It is very much like when we hanging out in each other’s bedrooms as young girls waiting for our periods to start and later discussing our pregnancy and postpartum issues. While there are many books about puberty and pregnancy there is very little out there about menopause. Judy Blume should have written a couple of life change follow ups to Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.

    1

    0
    c.w.
    21 Jan 2020
    9:59am

    Just listened. GREAT podcast. Darcey Steinke is amazing and I’m looking forward to reading her book.

    4

    0

Leave A Comment

Archives

About

Kim France

I was born in Houston, Texas in 1964 and have lived in New York City since 1988. I had a long career in magazines, working at Sassy, Elle, New York, and Spin, and in 2000, I founded Lucky magazine, which I edited for ten years.

Find Out More

Instagram

[wdi_feed id=”1″]

Join my newsletter! The latest fashion, beauty and inspiration for all the girls of a certain age.